AFP will offer a series of Tip Sessions specifically designed for and about self advocates. Labs are scheduled for 90 minute time periods and each lab will follow this format:
- 15-minute Q&A with panelists: A facilitator asks questions of a panel of self-advocates according to each learning lab topic listed below
- 15-minute Q&A with questions from the audience: Facilitator takes questions from the audience and directs them to panelists
- 60-minute labs: Self-advocate and co-facilitator move to assigned tables where participants can meet with them to get more information in small groups or 1:1
Thursday, November 17, 2011
3:30 – 5:00 pm
- How to Get Out of Workships. Facilitators: Nancy Ward, Bill Krebs, Bill Kiernan
- My Life: What I Like and Want to Do. Facilitator: Wendy Parent
- Networking. Facilitator: Tia Nelis, Betsy Valnes, Stacey Milburn
- How to Look for a Job and Who Can Help. Facilitator: Gail Godwin
- How to Apply for a Job (including writing a resume). Facilitator: Ari Ne’eman
- How to Interview (what to war, what to do before, what to bring with you). Facilitator: Liz Weintraub
Friday, November 18, 2011
1:15 – 2:45
- Work Incentives.
- Owning Your Own Business.
- Individual Development Accounts.
- Accommodations on the Job.