On November 17-19, 2011, we invite you to be a part of an historic national conference that seeks to find solutions to the challenges facing increasing integrated employment for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Summit 2.0 Real Jobs--It's Everyone's Business is a highly interactive convening of the leaders of the intellectual and developmental disabilities community to address the challenges and barriers facing increasing integrated employment for people with IDD. The Summit will be held at the Gaylord National Harbor, just outside of Washington, DC.
Schedule at a Glance.
- Plenary sessions will feature local, state and national leaders exploring new ways of thinking about employment and provide new insights and inspiration on how to achieve our goal of doubling integrated employment for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities by the year 2015.
- Breakout topics (Session 1 details, Session 2 details, Session 3 details) provide information on implementing best practices, leading systems change, understanding innovations, and working with employers and communities. Breakout sessions will provide plenty of opportunity for questions and conversation and will feature perspectives of self advocates, employers, policy leaders, researchers and service providers.
- The Exhibit Hall will be packed with new information, products and services for attendees to use.
- Interactive Town Hall presentation will be a challenging and frank look at what is needed to make integrated employment a reality for all including discussions of sub-minimum wage, employment first, integrated and group employment and the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals. Attendees will have the chance to voice opinions, ask questions, and vote on the topics discussed.
At the closing session of the Summit, attendees will commit collectively and individually, to the actions that they will take to make AFP's goal of doubling integrated employment for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities a reality by 2015.
|Who Should Attend?
||What Can You Expect?
- Self Advocates
- Family Members
- Service Providers
- Direct Support Professionals
- Public Policy Experts
- Federal, State and Local Leaders.
- Engaging Dialog
- Interactive Town Hall debate
- New ways of thinking about existing challenges.
- Models of innovation and practice
- Networking opportunities
- State Team sharing
- Value-packed exhibits
- One-on-one consulting from leading experts.
- A chance to be a leader in the movement to double integrated employment for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities by the year 2015.